Sales Support Specialist
- Chicago, IL
AEP Energy. Within a complex world, our mission is quite simple -- we help our customers use less energy and spend less for it. Since 2002, we’ve been true to that mission, which explains our phenomenal growth and why more and more customers choose AEP Energy every day. AEP Energy may be one of the most exciting companies that you’ll encounter. We’re fueled by a team of passionate individuals who are intelligent, dedicated, and driven toward success. We are confident of our ongoing growth based on this winning combination -- great people, intelligently crafted strategies, a progressive culture, within an industry that offers abundant opportunity.
AEP Energy has a proven track record of achievement and a commitment to being the "most admired" energy solutions company in North America. At AEP Energy, you’ll have a rewarding and evolving work experience comprised of intellectual challenge, professional growth, and competitive financial rewards within a fast and vibrant culture.
We are dynamic, growing, and searching for great talent.
- The Sales Support Specialist supports multiple operational, analytical and informational functions for the sales team with an emphasis on speed, efficiency and execution. Candidate must be an energetic, highly productive and well organized individual. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be a team player.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand departmental policies and sales procedures/processes in order to assist sales representatives as needed.
- Review new customer credit and asses next steps in credit extension process.
- Communicate with utility to collect necessary data for completion of sale.
- Submit pricing requests and relay information to proper member of sales team.
- Use in house technology to submit electric usage requests and evaluate historical usage and historical intervals.
- Submit IT requests on behalf of the sales team and follow up to ensure completion.
- Act as the liaison between the sales team and billing and finance.
- Submit production support requests and perform status checks on those requests.
- Assist sales team with support requests, which include but are not limited to, emailing customer contracts, mailing marketing materials, researching current contract price, and electronically filing important customer documents and paperwork.
- Identify recommendations for process efficiency based on issues raised by sales team.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Create and interpret Excel spreadsheets various in nature.
- Create professional Word documents daily.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to read and interpret general business and technical documents as well as deliver concise communication to the sales team, customers and other AEP Energy employees.
- Present information clearly and effectively, responding to questions from sales, billing and finance teams.
- Perform basic math skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency with computer hardware components and software packages, especially Microsoft Office products. Must be proficient in Word and PowerPoint with the ability to create and insert graphs, do mail mergers, and more.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel with the ability to write formulas, sort, and create pivot tables.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school education and/or some college.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- 1 – 3 Years of experience in a similar role.
- Embodies AEP Energy Values
- Strong service and results orientation.
- Methodical and organized work style—maintains notes, records, schedule, to-do lists.
- Ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively.
- Superior attention to detail and conscientious attitude relating to quality of work.
- Ability to work independently (with little instruction/supervision).
- Effective problem-solving skills: ability to identify alternatives and develop unique solutions.
- Takes initiative; proactive approach; asks questions to ensure understanding/clarity.
- Comfortable with change, uncertainty and in-development conditions.
- Resilient under stress and dealing with multiple demands.
- High EQ-- superior interpersonal skills, win-win mindset, relationship-builder, able to work with diverse group of colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills – written, spoken, listening with ability to explain and interpret issues clearly.
- High-energy, drive and ambition.
We look forward to receiving your application! All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.