Energy Management Sales
- San Diego, CA
AEP Energy. Within a complex world, our mission is quite simple -- we help our customers use less energy and spend less for it. Since 2002, we’ve been true to that mission, which explains our phenomenal growth and why more and more customers choose AEP Energy every day. AEP Energy may be one of the most exciting companies that you’ll encounter. We’re fueled by a team of passionate individuals who are intelligent, dedicated, and driven toward success. We are confident of our ongoing growth based on this winning combination -- great people, intelligently crafted strategies, a progressive culture, within an industry that offers abundant opportunity.
AEP Energy has a proven track record of achievement and a commitment to being the "most admired" energy solutions company in North America. At AEP Energy, you’ll have a rewarding and evolving work experience comprised of intellectual challenge, professional growth, and competitive financial rewards within a fast and vibrant culture.
We are dynamic, growing, and searching for great talent.
Title: Energy Management Specialist
- Identify and develop an ongoing pipeline of prospective customers for AEP Energy's energy efficiency products and services in order to generate new business margin at or above the defined annual margin targets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Energy Efficiency Sales
- Lead generation: Identify, develop and maintain a consistent incoming stream of prospective customers. This requires a combination of cold calling, canvassing, generating referrals, and working prior or existing relationships to schedule an on-site energy efficiency audit.
- Qualifying: Prior to on-site energy audit the EMS must fully qualify the prospect regarding their level of interest in energy efficiency projects, third party financing, and utility rebate program participation and the prospects ability to execute on recommendations proposed. In addition, conduct a customer interview to gather a predefined data set regarding the prospect's business operations.
- Energy Audits: Perform a walk-through analysis of a prospects facility and offices to gather specific detailed data of the existing lighting systems, HVAC, and motors currently in use. Generate a review of on-site facility data, identify demand and usage reduction opportunities and provide an assessment of project scope.
- Closing: Present recommendations to customer and obtain approval to begin project. Obtain required signatures and discuss timing of project implementation.
- Contact Management: Gather, verify and maintain all contact information of key decision makers utilizing BlueStar’s proprietary contact management system.
- Market Intelligence:Gain knowledge, insight and understanding from key decision makers, contractors, builders and general account information regarding current lighting hardware/supply, electrical interests, business needs/challenges, desired product types, and contract terms required for AEP Energy to quote a prospective customer.
- Maintain a high level of customer consultation and service from during energy-efficiency projects inception to completion.
- Credit & Pricing: Gather necessary information to determine customer creditworthiness.
- Reporting & Feedback: Provide ongoing and regular feedback to sales management regarding key account opportunities and challenges.
Knowledge Skill & Other Requirements
- 2 – 4+ years of sales experience.
- 1 – 2+ years of experience in the energy-efficient lighting, HVAC or building envelope fields.
- Must own or have access to a vehicle. Monthly travel required, up to, but not limited to, 25% travel within the United States.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Embodies AEP Energy Values
- Strong service and results orientation.
- Effective problem-solving skills: ability to work from concept to analytics, identify alternatives and develop unique solutions.
- High EQ- superior interpersonal skills, win-win mindset, relationship-builder.
- Excellent communication skills – written, spoken, listening with ability to explain and interpret complex issues clearly, mindful of audience.
- High-energy, drive and ambition.
- Ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively.
We look forward to receiving your application! All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.