Genealogist Research Manager
- Salt Lake City, UT
Reporting to a Team Manager, this position will be based out of the AncestryProGenealogists office in Salt Lake City, Utah.
AncestryProGenealogists seeks an individual who is passionate about family history and has the skill and desire to be the primary interface between AncestryProGenealogists and our clients. Key to this role is experience in genealogical research as well as project/client relationship management. This is a professional position with potential for excellent growth within the organization for the right candidate.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
Manage effective and efficient genealogical research at various archives, libraries, online, and onsite in order to solve client’s research challenges primarily achieved through the utilization of independent contractors and in-house researchers.
- Client account management and the ability to manage multiple client engagements.
- Client project management including adherence to scope, budget and deadlines.
- Resource management including developing mutually beneficial relationships with independent contractors.
- Present client deliverables including journals and reports of research findings in an organized, coherent, and consumable manner.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment directing the work of various researchers and assistant genealogists.
- Knowledgeable about available sources and archives from around the world.
- Bachelor’s in Family History, History, or related field.
- 3-4 years of professional genealogical research experience. This is not a research position but that knowledge is critical to understand the genealogical research process and to direct other professional researchers.
- 4 years managing client facing projects in a professional environment.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong research and analytical mindset. Extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Creative problem-solver
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Certification or accreditation a plus
- Genealogy experience is required
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF721Q)