- Salt Lake City, UT
The Genealogist Researcher position at AncestryProGenealogists is designed for an individual who is passionate about family history and has the skill and desire to work closely with Research Managers to investigate and solve client family history problems. Key to this role is extensive experience in genealogical research and methods. This is a professional position with potential for excellent growth within the organization for the right person.
An AncestryProGenealogists Genealogist Researcher should be able to:
- Conduct effective and efficient genealogical research at various archives, libraries, online, and onsite in order to solve a client’s research needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of available sources and archives from around the world.
- Work closely with Research Managers to determine a research plan and execute on that plan, with close adherence to time allocation and deadlines
- Thoroughly and efficiently analyze and solve complicated genealogical problems, especially those in which there is no direct evidence, or those in which analysis of evidence is particularly difficult
- Compile documents and present research findings in an organized, clear, and coherent manner, either through a written summary or a report
- Work in a fast-paced team environment while helping to direct the work of contracted and in-house researchers
- Serve as a teacher and mentor to other researchers, sharing information about records, search techniques, and research methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Family History, History, Psychology, Sociology, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Genealogical certification or accreditation (CG, AG)
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Minimum 8-10 years of professional genealogical research experience
- Experience managing client-facing projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Publisher
- Self-starter who is hard-working, persistent, and able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF744D)