- Salt Lake City, UT
Reporting to an Operations Manager, this position will be based out of the AncestryProGenealogists office in Salt Lake City, Utah. We have multiple positions available.
This is a professional position with potential for significant growth in the organization for the right candidate. The Associate Genealogist works with Research Managers to research, document, and prepare client sessions.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Conduct genealogical research, analysis, interpretation, source citation that aligns with client’s stated goals, and communicate findings through a research report and/or summary
- Properly cite all sources, prepare abstract and reports and create and edit online trees
- Format and conduct preliminary proofing of journals and reports
- Diligently track billable hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to provide written research plans, updates and reports to the Research Manager if requested
- Ability to plan session from start to finish while working within budgetary and time constraint
- Degree in Family History Research, English, History preferred or related field and 2-3 years of professional genealogical research experience
- Expertise in all sources and repositories in your area of genealogical interest
- Excellent genealogical problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient in web based tools
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously
- Able to take and follow direction well
- Self-starter with the desire and energy to achieve goals under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Foreign language experience preferred
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF740M)