- Salt Lake City, UT
Reporting to an Operations Manager, this position will be based out of the AncestryProGenealogists office in Salt Lake City, Utah. We have multiple positions available.
This is an entry level professional position with potential for significant growth in the organization for the right candidate. The Assistant Genealogist works with Research Managers to research, document, and prepare client sessions. They assist in gathering materials, clerical work, records dissemination and support to allow the Research Managers to focus on the Research project and analysis.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Provide clerical and research assistance to professional genealogists
- Format and conduct preliminary proofing of reports
- Create image templates and assemble client deliverables (electronic and hardcopy)
- Conduct basic searches at various archives, libraries, online and onsite as directed to solve genealogy problems
- Collect and organize data and complete accurate data entry
- Accurately track time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform administrative and office support activities for multiple Research managers
- Degree in Family History Research, English, History or related field or 1-2 years of professional genealogical research
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient in web based tools
- Minimum 55 wpm typing speed.
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously
- Able to take and follow direction well
- Self-starter with the desire and energy to achieve goals under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Foreign language experience preferred
- Editing experience is preferred
- Spanish and Italian speaking a PLUS!
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF743L)