- Dublin, Ireland
As a Genealogist Researcher at AncestryProGenealogists you will work closely with Research Managers to investigate and solve family history problems for a wide variety of clients. You will be passionate about family history and have extensive experience in genealogical research and methods across a broad range of regions and timeframes. This is a full-time, professional position with competitive salary, bonus and full benefits.
In the Genealogist Researcher role you will:
- Conduct effective and efficient genealogical research at various archives, libraries, online, and onsite in order to solve a client’s research needs, using your extensive knowledge of available sources and archives around the world
- Work closely with Research Managers to determine and execute on a robust research plan, with close attention to time allocation and deadlines
- Thoroughly and efficiently analyse and solve complicated genealogical problems, especially those in which there is no direct evidence, or those in which analysis of evidence is particularly difficult
- Compile documents and present research findings in an organised, clear, and coherent manner, through written summaries and client reports
- Work in a fast-paced team environment while helping to direct the work of contracted and in-house researchers
- Serve as a mentor to other researchers, sharing information about records, search techniques, and research methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in History, Psychology, Sociology, or related field. Further study and/or Master’s degree in Genealogy preferred
- Genealogical certification or accreditation
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Minimum 8 years of professional genealogical research experience
- Proven experience managing client-facing projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Publisher
- Self-starter who is hard-working, persistent, and able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Excellent time management skills
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission – to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page: www.workforancestry.com.
Or check out our President & CEO Tim Sullivan's recent interview with Forbes: