Security Architect, Applications - Ancestry
- 300 West Traverse Way, Lehi, UT, United States
Ancestry is looking for a strong, hands-on technology leader to join our Architecture team to help shape our next generation application platform. A successful Security Architect at Ancestry lives and breathes distributed systems and the latest techniques for creating secure software, and has a passion for finding innovative ways to deliver business value. Ancestry has a culture of getting things done, and demands exceptional collaboration across its engineering and product teams. Experience in formal software design processes is expected and a premium is placed on providing the technical leadership needed to rapidly turn ideas into high quality code using agile development methodologies.
The architect in this position will focus on ensuring that we secure our customer’s data and our applications are protected from external attacks.
- Mentor others and provide guidance to teams on building secure, innovative applications.
- Interface directly with other architects across Ancestry Engineering to establish common standards and practices.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams and evangelize architectural standards.
- Stay up to date with technologies to ensure the correct toolset serves Ancestry presently and into the future.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Interface with Information Security, Privacy, Operations, Development, and Product stakeholders to discover requirements.
- Examine and make recommendations for new technologies and methodologies.
- Assist software engineers with technical issues.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Graduate degree is a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience full-stack coding experience on a large, scalable, applications.
- Strong understanding of application security protocols, standards, and best practices.
- Experience with Microservice or other distributed architectures.
- Experience with cloud solutions and migrations.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Brilliant problem solving, analysis, design, and testing skills.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to organize information and have attention to detail and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
- Specific experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of security technologies and processes associated with secure software development such as authentication, identity and access management (IAM), data protection, cryptography, public key infrastructure (PKI), key management, certificates, and network security
- Understanding of and experience with the use of security technologies within cloud environments using IaaS and PaaS models.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, JWT, etc.)
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Chef, etc.) preferred.
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Familiarity with common web and network techniques used by attackers.
- Experience in enterprise cloud security architecture design and implementation. Specific experience with AWS is a plus.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.