Archival Digitization Specialist- Contractor (Helena, MT)
- 302 N Roberts St, Helena, MT 59601, Helena, MT, United States
This is a contract position performing document preservation in Helena, MT. Working as a document/archival preservationist for Ancestry requires a technical and computer literate individual who ideally has previous experience working with digitization, archival documents, and/or goal oriented production projects. Qualified candidates will also be detail-oriented, organized, and accustomed to working independently in an environment that handles focused and repetitive tasks which requires a logical balance of efficiency and accuracy. This opportunity requires the contractor to work within the normal business hours of the office and, as such, is not a work-from-home opportunity and will be paid $13 hourly.
What you will...
- You will capture digital images of documents as specified by the company
- You will perform quality audits on each roll that have been scanned before transmission
- You will report progress and quality audit notes and enter data into spreadsheets
- You will initiate and maintain responsibility of the delivery or transmission of images to the corporate office
- You will perform regular equipment maintenance functions, as well as coordinate for machine maintenance/repair with third-party hardware service providers
- You will perform basic image enhancement and file organization tasks
- You will maintain professional relationships with business partners that protect image and mission of Ancestry.com
What you have...
- You are able to manage multiple projects, able to determine project urgency in a practical way
- You have experience anticipating problems and are an avid problem solver
- You have experience with scanning and editing equipment, procedures and materials.
- You have experience with Photography, Library and Archives, or History background/experience preferred.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.