Engineering Manager, Framework Team
- San Francisco, CA
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager who has experience building Front end Framework. You will manage a team of engineers who will build a framework that will be leveraged across the entire enterprise. You will be focused on enabling speed of innovative across the organization and standards that will insure availability, scalability and security. In addition, the framework will allow quick machine learning model deployment, automatic model accuracy measurement and A/B testing to insure rapid integration of machine learning models into production services. You will have demonstrated leadership skills and an ability to work across teams in different parts of the organization. This will be a hands-on role involving managing a team as well as architecting, code reviews and some coding.
- You will own the framework that is leveraged across the organization for accelerating time to market and insuring compliance with standards that promote availability, scalability and security.
- You will own the strategy for bridging the gap between data science and engineering in order to rapidly integrating machine learned models into production systems.
- You will create a highly technical, highly skilled team of talented individuals; recruit and mentor talent
- Build partnership throughout the engineering organization and beyond, and can effectively educate and influence others how to best utilize tools and processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 10 years of software design and development experience with distributed highly scalable systems, with at least 2+ years as an Engineering Manager.
- 2+ years of experience with framework development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or similar technical degree is required.
- Must have hands-on development in object oriented languages as well as functional programming skills with Java and Python, and NodeJS.
- Familiar with agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with AWS is a huge bonus.
- 2+ years of experience integrating machine learning models into production systems.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1034I)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.