Head of Production Operations
- Lehi, UT
AncestryDNA is seeking a Head of Production Operations, reporting to the Executive Vice President of Ancestry and General Manager of AncestryDNA. Ancestry’s DNA business has grown exponentially since its launch in 2012. Today, AncestryDNA is the largest Direct-to-consumer (D2C) genomic company and one of the largest genomic operations in the world.
We believe the D2C genomic category will continue to grow. To meet that challenge, we are seeking a highly qualified and motivated leader for ongoing supply chain operations, including management of third-party vendors, global inventory, analytics, FDA compliance and Quality Assurance. This leader will also collaborate closely with other functional leads in Supply Chain Design and Optimization, Laboratory Sciences and Finance among others.
To succeed, this leader must be high-energy and entrepreneurial, taking a hands-on, results driven, collaborative approach. This leader must be able and willing to learn the unique challenges of operating our complex supply chain within our rapidly growing technology company. Our end-to-end operations, for example, has grown between approximately 100-180% for the last six years and experienced strong seasonaltity. Therefore, a high degree of flexibility along with a ‘can-do’ attitude is required to lead the operation through sometimes significant swings in the business driven by many factors, including seasonality, changes in marketing tactics, and/or competition pressure. However, these skills cannot come at the expense of organizing and running a mature business with clear reporting and KPI metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly metrics and performance measures.
- Establish KPI’s and design metrics to drive performance and efficiency.
- Working with operational management, establish operational strategy and process to ensure we deliver on our customer promise by ensuring timely delivery and the highest product excellence.
- Ensure a robust QA/QC process, maintaining GMP/ISO compliant vendors for regulated products, leading to continuous product and process improvements to include QMS maturation and maintenance.
- Establish and execute on a multi-year, end-to-end production strategy that keeps pace with the rapidly growing business.
- Creatively planning ahead for flex capacity to account for unexpected increased consumer demand
Responsible for maintaining an FDA and ex-US regulatory compliant supply chain.
Working in our Lehi, UT office location (We will relocate. Remote or long-distance is not an option, as this team is highly collaborative)
Must have all of the following:
- Strong operations expertise from either a D2C or B2B environment.
- Ability to collaborate and foster collaboration inside and outside of the business.
- Significant experience in a high-transaction environment with experience in demand planning, forward and reverse logistics, and supplier management.
- Experience managing the full product lifecycle, including procurement, manufacturing, order fulfillment, reverse logistics, data delivery, lab processing, and long term storage.
- Experience with both hard good and virtual supply chains.
- Experience with top-tier organization recognized to have operational complexity and excellence.
- BS in a relevant field; Masters preferred.
- 10-15 years’ management experience in supply chain and/or operations roles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality assurance and GMP methods and tools.
- Thorough knowledge of FDA, QSR and ISO standards, regulations and requirements.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Experience with analytics and managing processes based around that data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Life sciences/lab background is a positive, but not a requisite.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.