- Lehi, UT
Ancestry has an amazing opportunity for an Assistant Controller. This position will report to the U.S. Controller and will be responsible for managing several aspects of the U.S month-end close process and daily operations of the U.S. accounting department. This financial leader will also have an entrepreneurial drive and a desire to be part of a unique culture that is committed to growing our organization.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Manage and mentor a team of accounting professionals
- Complete month-end close processes and oversee work performed by other accounting professionals
- Review month-end balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries for compliance with U.S. GAAP and accurate management reporting
- Support external and internal auditors
- Perform technical accounting research, and write white papers on accounting issues
- Provide accounting support for business-unit partners, and ensure proper accounting of transactions
- Update and maintain policies and procedures documentation for GL accounts
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial reports and SEC filings
- Ensure all accounting-related controls and processes are effective in both design and operation
- Establish and maintain solid working relationships with other departments and financial analysts to ensure that accounting records are complete and accurate
- Provide and communicate accurate and timely information for decision making to management
- Collaborate with other departments on special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of experience as an accounting supervisor/manager or in public accounting (Big 4 experience preferred)
- A thorough understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements and ability to apply in a practical manner
- Ability to act independently, exercising independent decision making and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Excellent data skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
- Excellent supervisory and teamwork skills with the ability to work with others in a professional manner
- Ability to focus and prioritize to meet deadlines with high attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Well-developed professional judgment and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.