- San Francisco, CA
Ancestry is seeking a mobile architect to join or Application Architect team. We are looking for someone who can step in and guide our mobile development teams in developing highly scalable, performant, and user-friendly mobile products.
You will be responsible for identifying architectural needs and concerns, documenting and publishing those architectural decisions, and ensuring those standards are utilized throughout the organization.
What you will do
The ideal candidate will be able to recognize good and bad design patterns and step in to guide teams to ensure we are following best practices. You will be expected to mentor teams and individuals, work with and collaborate with dependency teams where there is a Mobile integration point, and work with product to ensure the mobile application is built in a user functional and user-friendly way. Our mobile applications include searching records, displaying and expanding family trees, as well as providing access to our DNA product, and others.
Who You Are:
- You have a bachelor's in Computer Science (masters preferred).
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in full-stack development on large scalable applications with a minimum of 4 years of focus on mobile architecture and development
- 3-5 years of experience in either Android or IOS native mobile platform development and 1 year or more experience in the other
- Must be proficient in Java and Swift, and familiar with Kotlin, and Objective C
- Proven experience working on a large highly scalable system
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF993M)