Sr. Analyst, Business Performance Analytics
- Lehi, UT
The Business Performance Analyst reports into the FP&A organization supporting our ongoing efforts to understand top-line business performance drivers. These efforts are not only critical for our forecasting process, but provide additional support for measuring Marketing and Product’s impact on the business.
- Support the FPA team in understanding key performance metrics and develop leading indicators to predict future performance.
- Create dashboards, reports and analyses that explain what happened and why.
- Ad hoc analysis to promote understanding of site behavior (eg. pathing & fallout analysis, data mining, surveys, etc.); make actionable recommendations.
- In depth understanding of our systems, data sources and tracking to insure data integrity and proper interpretation. Partner with business intelligence teams as needed.
- Proactively find insights, improve reporting methods, processes, and tools, troubleshoot issues.
- BS required – Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, or quantitative discipline preferred.
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience at senior level analyzing business performance and customer behavior (preferably for online consumer software product, e.g. subscription services, online shopping, social site, streaming services, gaming, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present data and its implications in a clear, concise manner that balances technical and business perspectives.
- Experience analyzing very large datasets with SQL (Redshift, Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL) and R, SAS or other statistical package
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc.)
- Expertise in using web analytics tools preferred (Adobe Analytics)
- Experience using Tableau or similar visualization tools
- Strong research and analytical mindset and extremely detail-oriented
- Team player with positive and “can-do” altitude, excellent interpersonal skills, inquisitive, self-starter, energetic and striving in a fast-moving environment.
Working for Ancestry
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1054V)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.