Senior Software Developer - AncestryDNA
- 153 Townsend St. Suite 800, San Francisco, CA, United States
AncestryDNA has become the leader in genomic DNA and we continue daily in our growth. We are seeking a top-notch Engineer to take us to the next level. You’ll join our Software Engineering DNA Algorithms Team in developing innovative solutions to revolutionize our organization in being the largest of our industry. This is a position to provide expertise in engineering and design. This position will consult with the broader engineering team on the creation and implementation of systems in efforts to scale and grow AncestryDNA.
This is a key-position as a highly-valuable member responsible for ensuring that our DNA Algorithms run efficiently, accurately, and will scale to meet future demand. You will be working closely with our DNA science team in implementing existing and new DNA algorithms.
What you will do:
- Focus development with Java, Spring based solutions focusing primarily on backend processing
- Data management with technologies such as MySQL
- Implement complex algorithms using a distributed architecture
- Develop and improve highly available and reliable applications
- Work within an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development process
- Write excellent unit and integration tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree/experience)
- Minimum of five years’ industry experience developing applications in Java. A qualified candidate must have a fundamental understanding of core Java language, and demonstrate an ability to solve problems in Java
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of SQL is required
- Experience with Linux-based continuous delivery
- Experience writing Unit Tests and Integration Tests
- Familiarity with Java tools and the JRE
- Understanding of software development processes, patterns, and principles
- Python programming experience is a plus
- QA Automation experience is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
- Interest in Genomic Algorithms is a definite plus!
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF990P)