Senior Database Administrator
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is undergoing a major migration to the Cloud and we need people with cutting-edge skills who will build and operate Cloud-based data persistence and caching systems that run at massive web scale. We are looking for a smart, skilled, forward-thinking Senior Database Administrator to join our Data Operations team which focuses on using automation to provide a stable, performant and scalable data platform for our applications. This role will focus on building and operating MySQL, NoSQL, caching and queuing platforms, with a heavy emphasis on data protection and scalability.
What you will do:
- Build and manage MySQL (Aurora), NoSQL, caching and queueing instances in a multi-region, Cloud-based environment
- Automate database deployment, configuration, scaling and other operations and maintenance tasks
- Identify and configure database monitoring techniques for trending, analysis and alerting
- Recommend and/or implement data protection strategies and best practices
- Implement database security & encryption best practices as required by the business and standards such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA etc.
- Provide guidance and assistance to developers for data modeling, performance, data migrations and other data-related issues
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of Linux operating system
- Excellent scripting skills in Python and Bash
- Experience with MySQL
- Exposure to No-SQL technologies
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of caching and queuing technologies
- Cloud Computing Experience preferred (specifically Amazon Web Services)
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.