Database Automation Engineer
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is undergoing a major migration to the Cloud and we need people with cutting-edge skills who will build and operate Cloud-based data persistence and caching systems that run at massive web scale. We are looking for a smart, skilled, forward-thinking Database Automation Engineer to join our Data Operations team which focuses on using automation to provide a stable, performant and scalable data platform for our applications. This role will focus on creating the automation necessary to manage and track thousands of data instances across multiple platforms.
What you will do:
- Using scripting languages and provisioning tools, design and create automation for creating, managing, tracking and monitoring MySQL (Aurora), NoSQL, caching and queueing instances.
- Provide portals for development teams and management that allow for easy access to information on persistent data stores, such as backup status, locations, access methods, etc.
- Identify data-related automation and information needs, both within the Data Operations team and within development groups, and create automation to support those needs
- Provide ongoing expertise on automation and scaling best practices in a massive web scale environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Linux operating system
- Excellent scripting skills in Python and Bash
- In-depth knowledge and experience with MySQL
- Experience with provisioning tools
- Experience with No-SQL technologies
- Web development experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services preferred
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.