Accounting Clerk - Part-Time
- Lehi, UT
The accounting clerk will be responsible for supporting the critical daily accounting activities and ensuring accounting accuracy and adherence to corporate policies & procedures. This role will also be responsible for administrative support ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction. The position is for 20 to 25 hours per week.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Process payments, record expenses, and prepare reports for management
- Perform account reconciliations
- Monitor the “Outstanding Checks” listing
- Ensure that processes adhere to corporate policy, GAAP, and GL account accuracy
- Maintain an organized filing system for vendor contracts
- Maintain monthly chargeback reports
- Dispute double refunds and enter debit memos for Chargebacks
- Continually analyze processes for possible improvements or issues – proactively identify and propose solutions.
- Work with Customer Service Center to resolve account discrepancies
- Support audit requests
- Support team’s special projects
- Perform other accounting tasks as requested by management team
- 1-3 years of bookkeeping experience.
- In process of obtaining Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Basic understanding of chart of accounts, budgets, reconciliations, and financial statements
- Familiarity with purchasing requisitions and purchase orders
- Experience with Excel (advanced formulas and pivot tables)
- Ability to learn computer programs quickly; experience with ERP systems a plus
Working for Ancestry
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1054V)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.