Senior Manager, DNA Brand Experience & Planning
- San Francisco, CA
Working closely with the Director, DNA Brand Experience & Planning, you will bring your knowledge and expertise of brand experience to life. You will manage the development and execution of brand experience marketing campaigns, working collaboratively across agency partners, internal and external production teams, and internal marketing channel teams. You will develop and manage streamlined processes for shaping Ancestry marketing campaigns and ensure all campaigns and promotions are on brand and result in significant brand attribution and credit.
This position is located in our San Francisco office, near the AT&T Ballpark, and one block from CalTrain.
What you will do:
- Develop and execute messaging strategies about the benefits of Ancestry DNA. This includes developing creative briefs and leading the creative development process with internal and external creative teams.
- Deliver monthly targets for DNA kit sales through multi-channel campaigns
- Partner with Director, Brand Experience and Planning to develop the Integrated Marketing Calendar and programs that define the content strategy across all media and channels
- Ensure that brand programs align with brand positioning, marketing strategies, and messaging objectives and are cohesively integrated across all customer touch points. Work with other Marketing leads to ensure seamless integration.
- Build strong working relationships across the marketing organization, including Brand Media, Performance Media, CRM and Onsite Optimization ensuring that integrated plans deliver on both long-term and short-term business objectives
- Drive marketing innovation by identifying, prioritizing and driving execution of new profitable growth opportunities
- Identify and lead marketing process improvement opportunities within Integrated Marketing and across cross-functional partners as appropriate
- 6+ years of progressive leadership experience and team development in marketing, with specific experience in consumer-driven brand marketing and digital/social media innovation and engagement
- Strong background in content development storytelling, ideally for a leading consumer enthusiast-driven brand.
- Experience building new categories and/or brands is preferred
- Unique balance between analytical skills and creativity; comfortable interpreting data, deriving actionable insights and using them to inform strategic direction while also able to deliver clear and compelling creative briefs and evaluate creative assets with constructive feedback
- Background in Science/Technology related products is an asset
- Proven track record in developing integrated marketing plans and optimizing marketing investment
- Proactive, energetic, self-starter looking to have a significant impact on business success
- Strong communications skills; highly collaborative with all levels of management
- Experience working with and interpreting consumer insight and research
- Balanced leadership style, a high level of intellectual agility and capacity for original thoughts along with the ability to set a clear vision
- Ability to identify and align the team to focus and drive successful execution accordingly, via both direct and cross-functional resources
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1001C)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.