Mobile Software Test Engineer (MSTE)
- Lehi, UT
At Ancestry, all individual development teams are responsible for their software quality. Mobile Software Test Engineers (MSTEs) are responsible for bug management, bug triage, designing and implementing automated testing for iOS and Android mobile clients. The MSTE will prepare test plans and cases, and write automation towards the completion of those cases. Some ad-hoc, manual testing may be required based on the determined risk of the release.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Knowledge of testing methodologies (exploratory, load, stress, mobile, acceptance, regression, localization, black box/white box, security, performance, usability, accessibility, smoke, automation).
- Help plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities for projects of varying size and complexity.
- Utilize the test automation frameworks standards and tools, and contribute to best practices for test automation.
- Help implement and enforce continuous testing quality gates in the continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
- Write and/or maintain automation for select projects, which include mobile apps.
- Grow testing and test automation across the development teams and help the teams take ownership.
- Must be a team player.
- Must demonstrate an ability to build credibility with development teams, and teach them how to write good tests and testable code.
- Responsible for communicating status, metrics and trending of quality for their development team.
- Collaborate and contribute with other Software test engineers via our Testing Center of Excellence.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience testing native iOS or Android mobile apps.
- Working knowledge of software development and software test lifecycles.
- Passionate about quality and testing frameworks, tools, and practices.
- Experience in working in an Agile Development environment for project planning and execution.
- Knowledge of mobile test tools: Charles Proxy, Xcode and Android Studio.
- Working knowledge of the following: Jenkins, continuous delivery and Git.
- Basic knowledge of Swift and Java/Kotline a plus.
- Experience with test automation (XCTest, Espresso) for mobile apps is a plus.
- Experience using SonarQube for static analysis and quality gates is a plus.
- Online, standalone and analytics tools (Crashlytics and NewRelic) is a plus.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.