Marketing Specialist, On-site Promotions
- San Francisco, CA
Ancestry’s Onsite Experience team is responsible for creating and optimizing landing pages and onsite marketing campaign collateral. This new role will expand on the team’s proven A/B and funnel optimization skills, applying a conversion lense to all onsite marketing assets. The goal is to create a consistent and powerful onsite experience for consumers, which will improve conversion rates and drive incremental business value.
The Onsite Experience team is part of the larger Marketing team, an extremely collaborative and innovative group. We are seeking an energetic, passionate, and personable team member with the ability to see the big picture as well as the small details, make proper trade offs, and continue to evolve our marketing strategies to meet aggressive goals. You will work well under tight deadlines and be able to deliver results under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or related experience.
- 5+ years of digital marketing in an e-commerce or online services company. Subscription-based business model experience is highly desirable.
- Proven experience of delivering step-change improvements in conversion metrics, as well as ongoing optimization tactics.
- Demonstrable track record of leading strategy and driving execution. This requires strong communication, organizational and team-building skills.
- Superior ability to build strong relationships of trust across the organization.
- Experience testing on high-volume entry pages, offer pages and sign-up flows, with focus on improving conversion at each step to maximize revenue.
- While this position does not require building pages or writing code, the ideal candidate will have basic technical know-how and be able to participate in semi-technical conversations.
- Working knowledge of A/B testing and web analytics tools.
- Exceptional communication skills—must be able to articulate a clear, persuasive argument verbally and in writing.
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills.
- Strongly analytical. Must be able to synthesize information from various sources and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Confident decision maker.
Working for Ancestry
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers