Senior Product Manager, Insights
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
We are looking for an extraordinary Senior Product Manager, Insights to join our Discovery team. In this role, you will work closely with DNA Scientists, Data Scientists, UX designers, product and engineering teams to help our customers learn more about themselves through insights mined from our vast data assets. Specifically, you will work cross functionally to create new insights features to delight our customers in their journey across Ancestry products.
As a senior member of the Product team, you are passionate about our customers and about building products that delight and engage. Our Product Managers lead through understanding areas of product opportunity, creating a vision, validating that vision through rapid prototyping, measurement, and user research, then partnering with development and UX leaders to bring your vision to market.
You will directly impact customer engagement across both our AncestryDNA and Family History Products.
This position reports to our Senior Director, Product Management and is located in our San Francisco, CA office, near the AT&T ballpark and one block from Caltrain.
What you will do
- You will focus on increasing engagement across multiple product streams by delivering insight features that delight and excite our customers
- Partner with data science, DNA science, customer analytics and customer research to gain insight across the appropriate target segments
- Collaborate closely across our product organization, authoring product stories and creating product review processes with stakeholders that accelerate road-mapping and delivery
- Working closely with engineering, architects and UX to deliver product requirements
- Author product stories, tasks and acceptance criteria for scrum teams; own the backlog
- Track, analyze, and report on key metrics
Who you are
- Minimum of 5+ years of interactive consumer focused, online web product management experience
- Have built B2C or B2B2C, data science based products that use data to tell a story
- Bachelor's degree in STEM, data science or economics required
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, coupled with the emotional intelligence to navigate a complex product organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Driven to succeed by the company’s core mission to help people discover, preserve and share their family history
- Strong organizational skills coupled with highly effective communications skills (written and oral).
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.