Data Platform Engineer
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
We are growing our Data Science team in San Francisco, CA. We’re looking for a Data Science Engineer to join and help develop this exciting team.
As a data science engineer, you will focus on building tools to help data scientists iterate faster and work more efficiently. Any tools that can help data scientists build models, ingest data, and ship to production will be yours to tackle. As a newer role on the team, you will have a lot of opportunity to help define opportunities and build scalable, general-use platforms to support data science initiatives across Ancestry.
You will be a member of the global Data Science & Machine Learning Team, tackling our toughest and most exciting data science challenges.
- Work very closely with data scientists to find and solve engineering pain-points by building scalable, general-use platforms.
- Develop tooling and infrastructure to support data scientists with model development.
- Help champion a data-driven culture and push long-term business value creation through development of best-in-class data science tools.
- Solid understanding and experience working with AWS components (EC2, Auto-scaling, S3, SQS etc.)
- 3+ years experience in Java development, including the Spring Framework (Boot, Web, etc.)
- Highly skilled with Python and SQL/MySQL.
- Experience with Micro-Service architectures
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work autonomously and take ownership of a project.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering (or related field) required
- A good understanding of machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Proven track record of developing, maintaining, and deploying data services.
- Experience with Hadoop stack (HIVE, Pig, Hadoop streaming) and MapReduce.
- Experience with SPARK.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
IND 2 #LI-Post