Data Quality & Governance Analyst
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Are you the type of person who enjoys preventing and putting out data fires? Do you find secret (or not so secret) joy in identifying data issues and resolving them? Are you somebody who is ok doing all the things that don’t get noticed until something breaks, because you know that without you, the team can’t be successful? Do you know good data management is when you see it? Great, then you should finish reading this job description and apply for our Data Quality and Governance Analyst position!
Ancestry is looking for a Data Quality and Governance Analyst to help in all areas of data integrity and proper data management. This role acts to analyze, identify, and coordinate correction of data quality issues and facilitate the creation of and monitor adherence to data quality and data governance standards with all Ancestry Teams.
You’ll be the human face of data quality and governance making a daily difference in the confidence of business decisions and elevating the customer experience. This position is part of the Data Quality and Governance Team and the ideal candidate will have a proven passion for data quality and driving continuous improvement.
The Data Quality and Governance Analyst interprets data needs and ensures that the data is ready for action. Their understanding of business allows them to propose proper data management policies and architecture that allows for access to correct useable data; they then monitor the process/data for quality and adherence. Assisting Data Owners, they build business definitions, research and identify data issues, and work with development teams to have issues resolved and policies implemented.
- Develop excellent working relationship across data science, analytics, development and business stakeholders to build data governance and resolve data questions / issues
- Establish processes and standards to improve data governance and data quality across the organization
- Understand data lineage (data creation to ETL to end user consumption) and work with Data Owners to document metadata and business definitions
- Proactively identify potential data issues and downstream impact of system changes
- Track all data governance and data quality issues, resolutions, and consistently publish their status to stakeholders
- Build top of the funnel data checks to prevent data fires
- Define and report data quality metrics
- Perform data quality audits to find inconsistent data, incomplete data, rule violations
- Perform data profiling using visualization and SQL to validate data
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to streamline all data processes
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Experience: 1+ years related experience in data analytics and/or business intelligence.
- Refined written and verbal communication skills that enable effective communication to non-technical audiences.
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Intermediate level Excel and SQL skills, knowledge of data visualization tools and business intelligence platforms.
- Good problem solving including research, error detection, root cause analysis, error correction, conceptual, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Prior experience in a digital or subscription based business
- Tableau and/or Adobe Analytics proficient
- Love of family history and genealogy
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.