Senior Data Quality Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Does building and documenting new data assets get you going? Do you find secret (or not so secret) joy in identifying data issues and resolving them?
Ancestry is looking for a Senior Data Quality Analyst to help in all areas of marketing data integrity and infrastructure. Marketing data often sits within vendor tools and other silos. In order to use data effectively to make marketing channel optimizations we need someone to help us connect these datasets to our internal systems in an efficient an accurate way. This role sits within the Marketing Analytics team, but will collaborate closely with Marketing Managers, Business Intelligence and Data Architecture teams.
- Develop excellent working relationships with marketing and data teams to build new marketing data assets and resolve data questions / issues
- Track and prioritize all marketing data infrastructure and data quality issues, resolutions, and consistently publish their status to stakeholders
- Proactively identify potential data issues and downstream impact of system changes
- Build top of the funnel data checks to prevent any data fires
- Understand data lineage (data creation to ETL to end user consumption) and work with the data quality teams to document metadata
- Perform data quality audits to find inconsistent data, incomplete data, rule violations
- Perform data profiling using visualization and SQL to validate data
- Educate and illuminate the business on data and infrastructure assets – connect data
- Bachelor’s degree in something you really liked
- Experience: 4+ years related experience in data analytics and/or business intelligence.
- Good understanding of marketing metrics and datasets, including web traffic data (Adobe Analytics/Omniture).
- Expert level Excel and SQL skills, proficiency with data visualization tools and business intelligence platforms.
- Experience with Data ETL, specifically moving data through APIs and FTP sites.
- Good problem solving including error detection, root cause analysis, error correction, conceptual, analytical and decision making skills.
- Refined written and verbal communication skills that enable effective communication to non-technical audiences.
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Advanced degree in Math, Statistics, CS, Economics, MIS or something else “quanty”
- Prior experience in a digital or subscription based business
- Experience in an analytics role
- Tableau and/or Omniture power user
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.