Manager, Computational Genomics
- San Francisco, CA, USA
AncestryDNA is seeking a Manager of Computational Genomics to lead a team of talented genome informatics scientists, bioinformaticians, computational biologists, and computer scientists who employ and develop state-of-the-art genomic analyses to provide new insights into ancestry using our singular database of DNA, family histories, and historical documents. In addition, the Manager of Computational Genomics will work closely with our diverse and collaborative team of population geneticists, statisticians, biologists, and epidemiologists to advance our understanding of what DNA can tell us about ancestry, and work closely with developers, architects, and engineers to build robust systems to deliver the results of these analyses. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and prioritizing research activities to achieve these goals.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD in genome informatics, bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, biostatistics, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience with at least 2 years experience hiring & mentoring scientists and managing inter-dependent research projects.
- The candidate must have a strong programming skills and demonstrated proficiency working with large datasets in distributed computing environment. Experience building workflows and pipelines in AWS a plus.
- The candidate must have demonstrated success developing genomic analyses, statistical methods, or machine learning models and algorithms, with applications for analysis of genomic and sequence data.
- The candidate must have proven track record managing scientific research effort and prioritizing work to meet tight deadlines
- Experience working in cross-functional projects with product managers, marketing, and engineering teams.
- Strong writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills will be needed in our collaborative and fast-paced team.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.