Senior Software Engineer
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our team. You will join an impressive team of developers, designers and product managers who have built some of the world's most compelling products, producing the world-wide leader in two categories, family history and consumer genetic testing.
What you will do:
- Manage scalable resources using Amazon Web Services
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, US, and Research
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science required (or strong foundation in CS fundamentals such as design patterns, data structures and algorithms)
- Prior programming experience with Java or other Object Oriented Languages
- Development experience with REST, JSON, SOA, HTTP, SSL, Caching and AOP
- Experience with Reactive architectures and asynchronous code
- Understanding of software development processes, including object oriented analysis, design and implementation
- Disciplined approach to development including QA, TDD and Design Patterns
- Relational Database experience (MySQL a plus)
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.