Sr. Business Analyst
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Working closely with teams from our Onsite Experience & Optimization, marketing, and data groups, you will provide strategic analytical support and be responsible for statistical design, analysis, and reporting aimed at the continued improvement of Ancestry.com’s Onsite Experience & Optimization experience, with a focus on conversion.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
You will drive improvements to the Onsite Experience & Optimization experience and business by analyzing data, conducting tests, evaluating results and sharing insights with broader teams.
- Core member of the conversion optimization team, providing reports, analysis, and insights for AB & multivariate testing, as well as new Onsite Experience & Optimization initiatives.
- Create performance dashboards to help the Onsite Experience & Optimization team understand usage and satisfaction of the site. Synthesize trends and learning to identify areas for improvement.
- Support the Onsite Experience & Optimization team in developing analytical models and key performance metrics to quantify results of Onsite Experience & Optimization initiatives.
- Ad hoc analysis to promote understanding of site behavior (eg. pathing & fallout analysis, data mining, surveys, etc.); make actionable recommendations.
- In depth understanding of our systems and tracking to insure data integrity. Partner with engineering & business intelligence teams as needed.
- Proactively find insights, improve reporting methods, processes, and tools, troubleshoot issues.
- BA/BS Degree required
- Five years experience in consumer web analytics (supporting Onsite Experience & Optimization, marketing, etc.); superior quantitative ability
- Expertise in web analytics (SiteCatalyst, Discover, and Test & Target preferred)
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply, but without loss of rigor.
- Familiarity with AB testing and optimization a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial approach and drive for continuous improvement
- Expert Excel user including pivot tables, graphing, and external data sets. Proficient with rest of MS Office.
- Data integration, SQL, R, and statistical skills highly desirable
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.