Data Platform Engineer
- W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
We’re looking for a Data Science Engineer to join and help develop this exciting team.
As a data science engineer, you will focus on building tools to help data scientists iterate faster and work more efficiently. Any tools that can help data scientists build models, ingest data, and ship to production will be yours to tackle. As a newer role on the team, you will have a lot of opportunity to help define opportunities and build scalable, general-use platforms to support data science initiatives across Ancestry.
You will be a member of the global Data Science & Machine Learning Team, tackling our toughest and most exciting data science challenges.
- Work very closely with data scientists to find and solve engineering pain-points by building scalable, general-use platforms.
- Develop tooling and infrastructure to support data scientists with model development.
- Help champion a data-driven culture and push long-term business value creation through development of best-in-class data science tools.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering (or related field) required
- A good understanding of machine learning and statistical analysis.
- Highly skilled with Python, Java, and SQL.
- Proven track record of developing, maintaining, and deploying data services.
- Experience with Hadoop stack (HIVE, Pig, Hadoop streaming) and MapReduce.
- Experience with SPARK.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work autonomously and take ownership of a project.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.