Senior CRM Analyst – Marketing Analytics
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
As a digital subscription business Ancestry has crazy amounts of data available to target customers with personalized lifecycle messaging. We’re looking for someone to join our Marketing Analytics team and own data and analytics support for the CRM team. This person should love thinking about the data needed to identify customer journeys, segment audiences and set up and analyze tests. They will work with email, customer and web traffic data to craft stories and make recommendations to the marketing team.
The person who takes this role will represent the CRM team with the Data Warehouse team making sure that new data sources as part of the company migration to Salesforce Marketing Cloud are available for reporting and analysis. The will proactively raise any data quality issues and ensure the necessary parties get involved to resolve them.
They will also partner closely with the data science team to build and implement predictive models that can be used in marketing programs.
What you will do:
• Provide analytics support for customer lifecycle marketing team.
• Be the company expert on email data and lead the data effort during the company transition to Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
• Collaborate with data science to implement predictive models into marketing programs.
• Set up statistically sound tests to understand the impact of email marketing efforts.
• Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data sources
• Independently own projects with the CRM team, setting timelines and expectations
• Keep a constant and proactive eye out for potential improvements in analytics processes, data quality and data sources/tools.
• Initiate and drive data projects, writing clear requirements for our ETL and Development teams
• 5+ years of experience analyzing large datasets and crafting compelling data stories.
• 3+ years in a marketing focused role
• Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud strongly preferred
• Expertise in SQL and Excel
• Data Viz Guru (Tableau)
• Knowledge of Web Analytics (Adobe Analytics)
• Strong research and analytical mindset
• Extremely detail-oriented, but still able to see the big picture
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present data stories in a clear, concise manner
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
• Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
• Bias for action
• Degree in Math, Statistics, CS, Economics or something else “quanty”
• R, Python or other statistical package
• Prior experience in a digital or subscription based business
• Loves family history and genealogy
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.