Application Security Engineer
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is looking for an experienced, motivated application security engineer who's excited about the opportunity to work in the unique field of DNA and family history and about finding and resolving security vulnerabilities on a variety of platforms.
- Help design secure web application architecture and secure design principles
- Perform security code audits and design reviews
- Complete manual focused web application vulnerability assessments
- Advocate security and secure coding practices
- Perform secure code trainings with groups of developers
- Analyze, assess and respond to various security threats
- Seek out opportunities to automate processes wherever relevant
- B.S. or M.S. in related field (or equivalent experience) required
- A passion to work in Application Security (application-level vulnerability testing, code-level security auditing, and exploit development)
- Familiarity with common web application testing tools (Burp Suite, nikto, w3af, WebScarab, etc..)
- Excellent communication abilities
- Familiar with industry and privacy standards such as PCI, SOC, and HIPAA is a plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.