Senior Director, People
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking a Senior Director, People to participate in the development of the organization’s plans, programs and strategies of the business, particularly from the perspectives of organizational capability, performance, leadership, and policy development. This position requires versatility and being comfortable with operating across both tactical and strategic spaces.
The Senior Director, People role is an integral part of the People and Places team and will play an active role in support of both short and long-term business objectives with the overall goal of retaining, engaging and developing the best talent for the organization. The role will focus on change management, as the Company scales significantly over the next 12 – 24 months. This individual must possess the ability to quickly grasp business objectives and strategies of multiple teams in multiple sites and leverage human resources team members and capabilities to support the achievement of those objectives.
What You Will Do
- Act as effective, trusted and credible advisor on people, organizational and business initiatives to support key stakeholders in efforts to improve organizational capability, drive culture change, and define organizational needs
- Counsel and provide guidance to managers on their workforce strategies
- Implement policies and processes that are flexible, consistent and balanced between the efficiencies of standardization and focus on meeting unique business or geographic needs and reflective of Ancestry’s values.
- Provide coaching to managers and employees in a high growth environment to support leadership development, business decision-making, and problem solving
- Continuously look for opportunities to streamline, collect and utilize HR data to improve delivery and understanding of core HR processes and influence business outcomes using data
- Understand the business strategy and potential obstacles to success and recognize marketplace trends that impact the business. Translate these challenges into initiatives that align with the business strategy and fuel high performance.
- Responsible for driving performance management and leadership development initiatives in partnership with Talent Development team to assist in reducing turnover and managing a high performing workforce
- Oversee the development of yearly objectives and development of action plans to achieve objectives
- Influence and coach the client groups in continually raising the hiring and developing top talent bar as we scale our business.
- Use the business strategy and outcomes to create purpose driven talent based solutions that aid the organization in attracting and developing our current and future employees.
- In partnership with the People function and the business leaders, craft and execute a change plan that supports the transformation and scaling of our business.
Who You Are
- 7-10+ years proven HR experience (preferably in High Tech industry)
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, or related area
- Strong business acumen, consulting, analysis, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and problem solving skills
- Superior relationship building skills that serve to consistently deliver results with integrity
- SPHR preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.