Content Publishing Specialist (Contractor)
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
The Content Publishing Specialist is responsible for finalizing required data updates and validations using database management systems (e.g. SQL Server Management Studio, Excel). By ensuring data adheres to quality standards, they enable proper hinting and searchability for users to make new discoveries. The specialist also uses proprietary tools to publish historical collections to Ancestry.com, and are responsible for setting up the UI requirements for final display on the site.
You will do...
- You will complete assigned projects each month both timely and accurately
- You will finalize data, publish, and define a user-interface for each assigned project
- You will creatively problem-solve using SQL, Excel, etc.
- You will become knowledgeable about standards and empowered to make key decisions about data treatment
- You will help establish new and innovative ways to support the Publishing workflow
- You will interact with several teams to successfully troubleshoot issues and find solutions
- You will assist in maintaining training and troubleshooting documentation
- You have experience with SQL
- You have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- You have the ability to pick up new technical/computer tasks easily and quickly
- You have proven ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines
- You have flexible with changing priorities and ability to handle stress
- You have great communication and interpersonal skills
- You have experience or interest in foreign languages, geography, history, and/or genealogy research a plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.