- Traverse Mountain Blvd, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is looking for an experienced ANDROID DEVELOPER to join our engineering team to help us build powerful, compelling, and immersive Apps. This position is located at our office in San Francisco, CA.
What You Will Do:
You will be responsible for helping create, maintain, and evolve cutting-edge mobile applications for Android using Java and the Android SDK.
- Android application launched in the Google Play Store
- At least one year of experience developing applications for a company, or on your own
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience required
Strong skills in the following technologies:
- Android App development in Java
- SQLite or other SQL implementation
- RESTful Web Services
- Ability to create compelling UI and write high quality code
- Analytical and adept at problem solving with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with Product Management, QA, and other development teams
- Module and library development
Strong skills in the following areas:
- Unit Testing
- MVP, MVVM, and other related patterns
- Understanding of SOLID principles and software architecture concerns
- Kotlin experience
- iOS App development with Objective-C or Swift
- Web application development experience Node.js or Java
- C++ and NDK
- Reactive Programing with RxJava
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.