Designer- Onsite Experience Team
- W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
We’re looking for a mid-level, conversion-focused designer who can collaborate with copywriters and Marketing partners to create fresh designs across a variety of projects, including site experience flows, (including site optimization through testing), conversion, onboarding and more…
As a Designer on the Onsite Experience Team at Ancestry, you will be expected to take responsibility for the quality of any artwork assigned, ensuring that it follows brand, visual guidelines, creative excellence and that it performs to achieve the metrics required by the project. We welcome thoughtful, self-starters with agility and speed to execution.
You will partner with our dynamic Onsite Experience marketing and testing team to better understand our customers, and develop and collaborate on marketing and testing strategies. Special emphasis on taking complex information and concepts and distill them into great user experiences that are easily understood by our target audience.
Key Responsibilities/Performance Requirements:
- Working with the team to develop the visual language and expression consistent with the overall Ancestry brand
- Identifying inconsistencies and room for improvement in current site design
- Updating websites to include new products, improvements to current functionality, offers, new user flows, introduction to products and instructions for interacting with various product features
- Working closely with a team of researchers, developers, analysts and product and marketing experts to translate marketing, testing and conversion strategies into sophisticated creative solutions
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations and behaviors of our target audience(s), to increase the relevance and effectiveness of your ideas
- Diplomatically defend your work and area of expertise, while maintaining positive relationships with partners in the organization
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple, deadline-driven assignments simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications, Graphic Design/ related, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of professional design or art direction experience, preferably in online/digital marketing
- A solid portfolio proving a variety of work
- Demonstrated experience with testing and conversion-related creative, user flows, UI design, and direct-response marketing a plus
- Excellent design, layout and conceptual skills demonstrating an ability to be very clear and concise
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and time-management skills
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.