Marketing Specialist, Onsite Conversion
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
We are seeking a Marketing Specialist, Onsite Conversion to join our growing Onsite Conversion team. You will be responsible for improving and optimizing the user experience at each step in the onsite conversion funnel with the end goal of maximizing revenue from visitors.
The Onsite Conversion team is part of the larger Marketing team, an extremely collaborative and innovative group. We are seeking an energetic, passionate, and personable team member with the ability to see the big picture as well as the small details, make proper tradeoffs, and continue to evolve our marketing strategies to meet aggressive goals. We are seeking someone with the ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver results under pressure.
What you will do
- Develop and execute go to market plans and A/B or MVT tests that optimize conversion at each step of the funnel to maximize revenue per non-member visitor
- End-to-end strategic ownership of onsite assets from home pages globally through purchase page including multi-device (e.g mobile phone and tablet)
- Focus on expanding Ancestry’s total addressable market through sales of Ancestry subscriptions and DNA kits to prospects and cross sell of core Ancestry subscription
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across the Ancestry business including Brand Experience, Finance, Product, Marketing.
- Partner with internal Analytics teams for data mining in key reports of onboarding data to look for opportunities for optimization
- Watch consumer user-session records to identify gaps in user experiences where we can improve the customer journey
- Compile and analyze data from optimization and A/B test experiences to create robust documentation of previous learnings.
- Partner with internal onsite execution team to see projects through to completion, managing projects in a workflow tool.
- Attend daily stand-up meetings with broader onsite teams, partnering on projects with the execution and analytics teams.
- Share learnings broadly throughout the business, building presentations to be shared with many organizations about how the onsite experience plays a key role in the customer journey.
- Report back to stakeholders and executives on key learnings and results of optimization activities.
- 3+ years of a combination of consumer marketing and digital marketing experience in an e-commerce or online services company is required. Subscription-based business model is highly desirable.
- Experience executing A/B and MVT tests online, including ideation, execution, and reporting.
- The ideal candidate will have some technical know-how on building and modifying web pages and a good understanding of how A/B testing and web analytics tools work.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or related experience.
- Proven experience of delivering both improvements in conversion metrics within an ecommerce business as well as ongoing optimization.
- Demonstrable track record of leading strategy and driving execution. This requires strong communication, organizational and project management skills.
- Experience of testing on high volume entry pages, offer pages and sign-up flows, with focus on improving conversion at each step to maximizing revenue.
- Exceptional communication skills: must be able to articulate a clear, persuasive argument verbally and in writing.
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills.
- Strongly analytical: must be able to synthesize information from various sources and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Superior ability to build strong relationships of trust across the organization.
- Confident decision maker.
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.