Senior Product Manager, AncestryDNA
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
We are looking for an extraordinary Senior Product Manager to join our growing DNA product team and help us in our mission to deliver meaningful and delightful customer experiences. In this role, you will expand our existing surveys feature; deeply understanding what motivations and rewards drive customer engagement and what data will enhance value throughout the product. You will work closely with DNA scientists, researchers, designers, other product owners and engineering teams to deliver incremental value against a larger vision of a product you love and are proud to show off to family and friends.
As a senior member of the Product team, you are passionate about our customers, fascinated by consumer behavior, and insatiably compelled to build products that delight and engage. Our Product Managers lead through understanding opportunities, creating a vision, validating that vision through rapid prototyping, measurement, and user research, then partnering with development and marketing to launch and iterate.
This position reports to our Product Director of AncestryDNA and is located in our San Francisco, CA office, near the AT&T ballpark and one block from Caltrain.
What You Will Do:
- Iterate and expand on our surveys feature, unlocking its tremendous potential to engage customers
- Understand how survey answers fit into our vast data assets and steer data collection to maximize value
- Develop and evangelize the vision for your product, short-term and long-term
- Partner with data science, DNA science, customer analytics and customer research to gain insight into your customer
- Author product stories, tasks and acceptance criteria for scrum teams; own the backlog
- Track, analyze, and report on key metrics
- Juggle tradeoffs and understand constraints, finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- Minimum of 5+ years building and shipping interactive consumer focused, online web products
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, and experienced navigating a complex organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or related field
- Strong writing skills
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Execution oriented and highly organized
- Masterful communicator and able to lead through influence
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, you use facts to make decisions
- Experience with survey design or public health a plus
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)