Senior UX Designer
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Senior UX Designer to guide product design from concept through launch and beyond. You’ll work with cutting-edge science and technology to help bring consumers’ DNA results to life, collaborating with other designers, engineers, and product managers. You will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful products and services.
Our success hinges on recognizing the value of every individual contribution. We give high-fives to people who enjoy the freedom of taking ownership of a problem and deciding how to solve it. We need thinkers and we need people who can drive excellent visual design while staying laser-focused on our consumers and their needs.
You are a senior designer with strong user experience skills who can help drive visual direction and system-level designs. You bring exceptional creative thought and design sensibilities to produce data-driven and user-focused experiences. You’re a strong collaborator who willingly listens to others while always considering our primary users, who are our 6+ million consumers.
What you’ll do:
- Design mobile and web-based products that are attractive, intuitive, and easy-to-use
- Work closely with product managers and engineers from early-stage conceptualization through product launches
- Produce deliverables including concept sketches, visual comps, design frameworks, production assets
- Launch fast and iterate often, incorporating user feedback and analytics into thoughtful and effective designs
What you need in order to be successful:
- Experience building and rapidly iterating on interactive prototypes and other artifacts.
- 5+ years of experience with a strong knowledge of responsive design and development with a a minimum of 3 years of experience working with cross functional teams such as product, engineering, program management and corporate leaders.
- We have an excellent team and environment to spread your wings and drive a unique product. We’re more interested in hiring the right person than the right resume.
- Must have experience turning requirements into beautiful intuitive designs.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
You must include a link to your portfolio in order to be considered for this position.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF993M)