Senior Full Stack Software Developer (SEO)
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is harnessing the latest big data technologies to drive advancement in genealogy and consumer genomics. We are one of the world’s leading companies in truly Big Data: DNA records from over 3 million people and 20 billion genealogy records containing 80 billion profiles and growing! In this role, you will help bring people together by helping them discover how they’re interconnected.
Are you passionate about Software Development? If you thrive on teams of highly skilled developers working in an agile environment, then this may be the position for you.
What you will do:
- Write clean code that follows standards and best practices.
- Be part of an agile team of 5-7 members.
- Work with stakeholders such as product, marketing and UX to help deliver value.
- Mentor more junior members of the team
- Participate and contribute towards improving development process and practices within the team and across the organization.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Strong knowledge of one of the following: AngularJS, React with Redux/Flux, Ember.js, Knockout.js etc
- Strong Knowledge of OOP techniques utilizing C# or Java.
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or MS SQL Server
- Full understanding of complete web technology stack including how to architect highly scalable solutions
- A GitHub profile.
- Working knowledge on AWS services.
- NoSQL experience
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF890L)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.