Director of Marketing Engineering
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Director, Marketing Engineering who will be an exceptional addition to our technology leadership team. In this role, you will define and help implement our marketing technology stack, lead our personalization strategy, and drive collaboration with Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, and Data Science. If you are still an engineer at heart, but marketing technology strategist by trade, then this just may be your next great challenge!
What You’ll Do
- Lead the strategy of our Marketing Tech efforts that is geared towards driving personalization across all channels
- Look for what’s missing in our current Marketing Technology stack, and identify gaps in our Marketing tools that can be fixed through right Technology; consistently innovate in this space, spearhead identification of problem areas and the right solutions on an ongoing basis
- Lead the cross-team efforts that will enable automation of our marketing efforts including digital marketing campaigns across a variety of web, mobile and social media ad platforms
- Lead the implementation of Salesforce Marketing, Service and Community clouds
- Contribute to design and continue improvement of our marketing platforms
- Meet with vendor account managers and their executives periodically
- Oversee the architecture and build-out of our data infrastructure - a key enabler to our personalization strategy
- Manage teams (including direct, indirect and matrixed) and project timelines for build and manage environments.
- Provide technology and delivery leadership in the organization with your exceptional project execution skills
- Enforce a high standard of engineering and operational excellence
- Manage the quality and timeliness of your deliverables
- Regularly report out the status of critical initiatives to C-level and other senior executives
- Perform resource management, forecasting, leadership, and teambuilding
- Serve as first-line of escalation from the project delivery teams on major operations issues and delivery challenges
- Manage career paths by coaching and mentoring direct and indirect reports
- Lead the decision-making process across teams related to build or buy decisions
- Travel up to 25% (average) of the time primarily to our Lehi HQ
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required (masters preferred).
- Minimum 15 year of hands on experience in building enterprise quality, highly-scalable and highly-available software systems with minimum recent 5 years managing software development teams. Experience managing multiple teams required.
- Full stack (backend, web apps to frontend) hands-on programming experience with Object Oriented Languages (Java, C++) and relational/no-SQL platforms
- Expertise in enterprise software development building micro-services architectures, web-scale architecture, and multi-tenant software platforms.
- Strong communication skills. Proven ability to effectively coordinate with product management, marketing and other business stakeholders.
- Mastery of Agile principles and Test Driven Development
- Strong people skills leading and track record of mentoring a talented team of software engineers.
- Have built highly scalable data-driven web/digital applications that source data from multiple source systems
- Strong knowledge of deploying and managing systems in public cloud such as AWS that can scale on demand
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of 20+ individuals distributed over multiple locations in different time zones
- Prior experience with marketing tools like CMS (content management systems), SEO (search engine optimization), Salesforce cloud, Adobe suite, etc. highly desired
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF993M)