Content Administrator - Production Technical Support
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
A Content Adminstrator supports domestic and international production teams by resolving technical issues with hardware, services, and software at the lowest possible level. This includes resolving technical errors with proprietary and third party systems, as well as extensively testing new processes, hardware, and software. The Content Admin supports production systems availability and escalates issues to development and third party support when needed. A Content Admin is expected to interact closely with multiple teams, as well as work independently, in order to stabilize and improve content production environments. This is a full-time opportunity, reporting to the Content Admin Manager with working hours Monday thru Friday, 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
Key Responsibilities/Performance Requirements:
- You will independently troubleshoot technical issues with a range of hardware and software
- You will manage priorities of assigned and incoming issue tickets
- You will support document digitization and indexing sites located all over the world
- You will swiftly communicate issue resolution to impacted parties
- You will accurately ship, receive, and track equipment and supplies
- You will track and follow-up on escalated development support issues that impact production
- You will extensively test new software, hardware, and processes and document the results
- You will monitor server farm health and pipeline activity
- You will create support documentation to be shared within the department
- You will engage in other responsibilities as the Content Admin Manager sees fit
- You must have strong written and organizational communication skills
- You must have strict attention to detail and ability to work efficiently
- You must have a developed sense of self-motivation; ability to work productively as an individual and as a part of a team
- You must have an aptitude for learning and adapting quickly to new technology
- You must have strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel is required
- You must have experience in SQL
- You must have a familiarity with computer hardware
- You must have experience with REST APIs, JSON, SQLite, and other types of data sources
- You must have experience with Microsoft Sharepoint
- You must have a high school degree or higher
- Photography or image digitization experience a plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.