Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (Marketing)
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis to join the Marketing FP&A team. This highly visible position will report to the Director of FP&A and will be responsible for leading key financial/business performance reporting processes; including weekly performance reporting, marketing channel spend and efficiency forecasts/reporting; financial assessments, monthly and quarterly business reviews, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan development, and other related responsibilities. This financial leader will have excellent communication and presentation skills, established leadership experience, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, experience working within a fast-paced commercial finance team, superb analytical abilities and an incredible attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Preparation of daily/weekly/monthly business performance summaries to monitor and report on health of customer acquisition
- Strategic analysis to support marketing channel leaders in optimizing spend efficiency, managing to broader company targets, etc.
- Consolidation of the global marketing story through collaboration with key leaders in our US and international offices
- Preparation of monthly reporting packages and consolidated marketing presentations to assist with reporting for our CMO
- Experience with financial reporting, income statement forecasting and analysis, revenue forecasting, unit sales forecasting, internet subscription models, etc.
- Coordination and completion of planning process, inclusive of annual budgets, forecasts and long-term plans
- Work with marketing functional managers to develop and build plans
- Maintain and develop standard business metrics for analyzing business performance
- Maintain existing and develop new management information reports that report key metrics and communicate trends to appropriate management
- Maintain and improve planning tools and processes
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes
- Report actual results versus plan, including variance analysis insights
- BS in Finance, MBA is STRONGLY preferred (with equivalent Planning experience)
- 7+ years of progressive relevant experience; minimum 3 years in a leadership role;
- Strong business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivot table, report building skills
- Strong analytical abilities with sharp attention to detail a must
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-pace environment
- Experience with TM1 and Oracle Financials or comparable technologies required
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to perform complex financial analyses and modeling
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with all levels of an organization.
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.