Senior Product Manager, Advanced Features & Research - AncestryDNA
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking a product thought leader focused on working with our genomics science teams to identify features and capabilities that will delight our customers. You will drive a creative process to define and develop a portfolio of advanced concepts that will shape the industry.
This position reports to our Director of DNA Platform and will be based in our San Francisco, CA office.
What you will do
- Work with product and science leadership to develop a product vision that leverages Ancestry’s unique research capabilities
- Develop a framework to collect feedback from customers and internal stakeholders in setting product-minded research goals
- Create a process incorporating feedback to prioritize research efforts based on demand and effort
- Work closely with DNA research and operations organizations in planning work including timelines, metrics of success and desired outcomes
- Establish a robust testing framework for research concepts to understand customer value and enable rapid iteration early in the research pipeline
- Manage a portfolio of research concepts and balance development across lead time and delivery risk criteria to ensure a consistent flow of features that will delight customers
- Develop strong working relationships and maintain alignment with DNA research and operations teams
- Define and communicate clear success criteria for research programs and research-driven product features
- Establish a robust framework for A/B or multivariate testing of research concepts throughout their lifecycle
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in consumer experience with 3 years in consumer product management preferred
- 3 years of experience working in or alongside scientific research teams preferred; familiarity with genomics a plus
- Deep quantitative skills and strong fluency with analytics and statistical models
- Strong writing abilities to clearly articulate a vision / objectives and influence others towards them
- Effective communications skills, presentation techniques, meeting mechanics, and team building skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in STEM or economics; MBA preferred
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.