Senior Technical Program Manager, Product Data
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry’s Product Analytics team seeks a Sr. Technical Program Manager to orchestrate data tracking implementations across Product & Technology teams, enabling E2E visibility of customer experiences and behaviors. You will design, execute and manage our team’s strategic data collection program including collecting user behavioral data, experimentation data, customer feedback and product feature datasets across all our websites and mobile apps. You are the bridge between Product/Analytics and other data partners including Development, Data Warehouse, Tracking and Data Governance. We are seeking a highly-skilled, passionate, outgoing, and naturally curious technical program manager who excels in a fast growing/changing business environment with strong management skills paired with an eye for detail, and drive for execution.
What you will do
- Understand Product Analytics data needs and propose/select/build tracking solutions to enable robust and scalable server and client-side behavior data collection across devices in partnership with Product, Development, Infrastructure, Architects, Tracking, Data Warehouse and Product Analytics teams.
- Develop a solutions roadmap to deliver improved data collection strategies and continually evolve the program while effectively managing against current and future workstreams.
- Translate Product objectives into measurement. Design and own the feature measurement specifications, standardization, development and documentation for all existing and new development efforts and site functions
- Partnership with Product/Development/Tracking experts to
- Put in place all the tracking to understand user behaviors and measure the impact of product efforts.
- Identify and resolve tracking/analytics gaps from development specifications
- Work with the Web and Mobile behavioral analysis teams to ensure event data can be transformed into analytically accessible and valuable data sets that can be joined with attitudinal and structured data to answer critical product/business questions
- Success in the role is defined by your ability to:
- Identify and make available to PMs and Analysts various external and internal datasets that will deep our understanding of product features and their impact on customer viral growth and product experience.
- Provide consistent updates on the status of progress/issues, risks and concerns
- Provide requirements to enterprise data platform and prioritize ETL resource on Data Warehouse team dedicated to Product Management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Information Management, Analytics, or related discipline, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience of technical program management experience in each of the following areas:
- client and server-side data collection design and deployment
- various database and information management system
- implementation and utilization of behavioral analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics/Google Analytics/MixPanel
- 2+ Years of experience with tag management tools such as Adobe DTM, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten
- Knowledge of web and mobile development frameworks and languages
- Deep knowledge and experience collecting and analyzing customer click-stream data
- Proven critical and strategic thinker; ability to understand available information, synthesize, and communicate a proposed solution clearly and concisely to analysts, business and product owners and developers
- Collaborative project management skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple disciplines and lines of business with great inter-person skills
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.