Research Study Lab Coordinator
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Working with AncestryDNA Science and Operations teams, the successful applicant will translate experimental protocols in to working plans, coordinate internal project timelines and requirements, manage interactions with external ethical review boards, partner with external laboratory operations staff to plan and implement research studies, and provide ongoing study coordination for genomic data research. This entails building relationships and ensuring study activities are carried out efficiently and accurately to produce timely, high quality results.
This position is located at Lehi, UT corporate headquarters location. Check it out: https://officesnapshots.com/2016/11/14/ancestry-offices-lehi/
What you will do:
- Work closely with internal partners to translate study protocols in to working project plans.
- Identify all necessary internal requirements for these projects including identifying appropriate partner laboratories, IRB requirements, etc.
- Partner with and prepare laboratories to execute research studies, including ensuring all qualifications are met, resources and equipment are available and expectations are established.
- Manage study plans through internal and external legal and regulatory reviews and approvals.Manage the sample collection, labeling, storage, or shipment of specimens ensuring compliance with protocols.
- Monitor ongoing study activities to ensure compliance with protocols and all relevant regulatory body policies.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a human molecular genetics laboratory or similar research laboratory setting.
- Experience interacting with Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
- Organized, excellent time management skills, with an ability to plan for, track, and prioritize disparate tasks across multiple projects.
- Meticulous attention to detail and timelines.
- Able to follow direction with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, realizes what you do contributes to the success of the team.
- Ability to be proactive and independent, with flexibility in the face of evolving priorities.
- BS in Biology or related field, with background in genetics or molecular biology.
- Minimum 2+ years in research lab
- Experience in developing regulated laboratory assays
- Demonstrated expertise in experimental design, protocol writing, and sequencing/genotyping technologies are all pluses.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.