Audio Visual Operations System Administrator
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is looking for an AV Operations Systems Administrator to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support. Day to day tasks will include A/V support for onsite events – including acquiring client A/V requirements, testing pertinent equipment, and providing technical support. This role will interface with various internal departments and leaders to support technical requirements for onsite events, LIVE productions, meeting and training commitments. You will Perform regularly scheduled systems patching and security updates; support and maintain production systems for video routing and control, content management, and system alerting and monitoring. You will be responsible to provide operational support for real-time, video wall operations – including console operation, data monitoring, support for video wall display sources, and performing hardware/software upgrades.
• Manage incoming requests from employees at all levels for technical support via telephone, email or ticketing system.
• Be responsible for the corporate desktops including the rollout of new applications and services as defined by management and engineering.
• Work to resolve ticketed requests that can be done at-desk for remote users.
• Document problem/solutions in our knowledgebase to empower other team members.
• Develop and demonstrate an understanding of customer and business needs.
• Pioneer use of new operating systems.
• Learn, document, and train others within the IT department on new operating systems and office applications.
• Act with a sense of urgency and be willing to occasionally support users after normal working hours.
• 3+ years’ experience working in 24x7 real-time, mission-critical environments, with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service and working with C-level executives.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (or working toward an IT related degree or Certifications)
• An excellent working knowledge of operating systems and hardware repairs.
• Experience with supporting AV production systems
• Experience with Webcasting, Encoding and Streaming
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
• Established experience in diagnosing and resolving technical problems with both software and hardware.
• Macintosh knowledge is desired.
• Exceptional working knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows 8, 7, 2000, Office 2000/3/7/10/13, Macintosh, etc); Microsoft Certifications a plus.
• Solid working knowledge of desktop applications, especially Microsoft products, such as Office, Lync, & Exchange.
• Good working knowledge of networked printers.
• Experience with Zoom is a plus
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.