Director of Bioinformatics, Data Validations
- Townsend St, San Francisco, CA, USA
AncestryDNA (www.ancestryDNA.com ) has become the fastest growing direct-to-consumer genomic company by providing consumers insights into their ancestral origins. A team of scientists leverages pedigrees, documents, demographics, and genomes to conduct innovative research in population genetics and create innovative new consumer products. Since launching in May of 2012, AncestryDNA has grown rapidly and amassed a database of over 5 million genomes.
• Collaborate with scientists, software engineers, and product managers to define and implement methods that monitor performance and accuracy of algorithms as well as implement methods that perform data audits
• Prioritize activities to align with strategic goals
• Manage, plan, budget computing resources and infrastructure in a production environment
• Build, and mentor a team of independent scientists
• Develop and manage timelines for multiple teams
• Ph.D. in Biomedical Informatics, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Statistics, Computer Science (or related field)
• Experience implementing algorithms, genomic pipelines, and managing data in high-performance cluster and cloud-based computing environments
• Experience managing & budgeting computing resources
• Knowledge of relational, noSQL, or graph databases
• At least three years of experience managing scientific research programs, including mentoring scientists
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Track record of innovation and scientific rigor
• Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
- We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.