Senior Creative Director, Copy
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is seeking an experienced Creative Director to provide leadership to our awareness and acquisition creative team across multiple channels, including Television, Display Advertising, Social Media and Search Marketing.
Ideal Candidate: With a background in copywriting, you have held the role of acting Creative Director in either an agency or consumer brand company for at least 3 to 5 years. You have a proven ability to balance the need for results with the need for creative that captivates and delights a consumer brand target audience.
This position is located in our San Francisco office, near the AT&T Ballpark and one block from CalTrain.
What you will do:
- Direct, inspire and ensure the highest level of copywriting, art direction, and design possible, providing daily approvals and direction on creative assignments.
- Partner with internal teams in Marketing, Product and Corporate to help them articulate their strategy, messaging and tactics and enable creative success.
- Partner with external agencies and third-party resources to help develop and execute the brand to the highest-level
- Set expectations and standards for creative team attitude, behavior, teamwork and professional development. Lead accordingly.
- Jump in with your team to elevate their thinking, ideas and executions.
- Partner with Project Management to assign creative to the best internal (and external) teams.
- Ensure self and team are continuously curious and developing web and digital marketing capabilities.
- Consistently bring new, innovative ideas to the table, to the delight of your partners.
- Participate in development, implementation and maintenance of creative group policies, objectives and short- and long-term planning.
- Set priorities for your team’s efforts, based on highest impact to brand and business results.
- 10+ years copywriting experience at an advertising agency or in-house advertising/marketing group
- 4 years management experience working in an advertising agency or in-house advertising/marketing group
- Thorough understanding of writing for all forms of marketing communications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of brand strategy and production
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) as well as confident presentation skills.
- Knowledge of current social media trends
- Knowledge of digital video/television production
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion
- Experience partnering with art directors and other creatives
- Ability to supervise employees, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Strong presentation skills
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page: www.workforancestry.com.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52/55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.