Data Governance and Quality Analyst
- Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin, Co. Dublin City, Ireland
Ancestry is seeking a Data Governance and Quality Analyst to help in all areas of data integrity and proper data management. In this role you will analyse, identify, and coordinate the correction of data quality issues, facilitate the creation of data quality and data governance standards with all Ancestry Teams, as well as monitoring adherence across the company.
You’ll be the human face of data quality and governance making a daily difference in the confidence of business decisions and elevating the customer experience. This position is part of the Data Governance and Quality team and the ideal candidate will have a proven passion for data quality and driving continuous improvement.
As the Data Governance and Quality Analyst you will interpret data needs and ensure that the data is ready for action. Your understanding of the business will allow you to support and implement data management policies and architecture that enable access to correct & useable data; you will then monitor the process/data for quality and adherence. Assisting Data Owners, you will build business definitions, research and identify data issues, and work with development teams to have issues resolved and policies implemented.
What you will do:
- Develop excellent working relationships across data science, analytics, development and with business stakeholders.
- Assist with the establishment of processes and standards to improve data governance and data quality across the organization.
- Work with Data Owners to document metadata and business definitions.
- Proactively identify potential data issues and downstream impact of system changes.
- Track all data governance and data quality issues, resolutions, and consistently publish their status to stakeholders.
- Build top of the funnel data checks to prevent data fires.
- Perform data profiling using visualisation and SQL to validate data.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to streamline all data processes.
- Educate and illuminate the business on data and infrastructure assets.
Who you are:
- Passion for Data Quality and Data Governance.
- Bachelor’s degree in something you really liked.
- 2+ years related experience in data analytics and/or business intelligence.
- Refined written and verbal communication skills that enable effective communication to non-technical audiences.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Expert level SQL skills, proficiency with data visualization tools and business intelligence platforms.
- An understanding of relational DBMS skills across multiple platforms (SQL, relational algebra and other query tools).
- Understanding of data lineage (data creation to ETL to end user consumption).
- Good problem solving including research, error detection, root cause analysis, error correction, conceptual, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, CS, Economics, MIS or related academic field.
- Tableau and/or Adobe Analytics power user.
- Love of family history and genealogy.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52-55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.
Please note: we do not require assistance from 3rd party recruitment companies at this time