Mobile Services Engineer
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is seeking an ambitious Mobile Services Engineer. You will be involved in building our next-generation of services and micro services which are consumed within the Ancestry mobile applications ecosystem. We utilize state-of-the-art technologies and development environments. We are looking for an energetic and motivated person with a solid track record of producing well designed, testable, high-quality services. Experience with web-scale service architectures is a plus.
You will work side-by-side with product managers, mobile client developers, and architects. Please apply if you are a quick learner, solid team player, critical thinker, and not afraid to jump into the deep end.
What you will do:
- Provide estimates for completion of work and projects
- Develop with Java, Maven, Spring, REST, reactive/asynchronous programming, etc
- Managed Services in the AWS Cloud
- Microservices Architecture
- Containerization with technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Build/Deployment Pipelines
- 3+ years industry experience developing, deploying, and operating web services in Java
- BS in Computer Science or a related academic field required
- Passion for best practices in computer science disciplines, Agile software development, testing, and code reuse
- Disciplined approach to QA, TDD and other development practices
- Understanding of mobile technologies and related development strategies
- Familiarity with NoSQL and relational databases
- Version Control Systems, such as git
- Basic understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Basic understanding of the cloud and managed services, such as AWS
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1109H)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.